Monday, November 21, 2011

Here it comes

This blog post will be very brief, as not a lot happened post-MIGS because we were bogged down with doing assignments for classes. These past few weeks have been extremely slow, and I don't know how I lost so much momentum when I was doing so well before. I remember getting the shader stuff done a while back, but I have been too busy with other classes and assignments to put my full attention on the game. It should have been the other way around, but unfortunately I would not have done well on any other assignments if that was the case.

Despite the loss of momentum, I still managed to paint my weights correctly, after restarting once. So my skeleton is ready to have proper IK handles bound to it so it moves correctly. I presume that will not take that much time, as most of the tedious work has been done.

Now that the game is due very, very, very, very, very soon, the stress is hitting us like a freight train. One thing I don't understand is why is Derek's final GDW submissions a week after the actual game is due? That doesn't really make any sense, as the levels and characters have to be done for the game in order to complete the requirements list, but will be handed in a week later? I'll have to ask someone about this on wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment